Description: You have a mind you are not a mind. The human mind is subject to the brain’s survival instincts, which automatically react with negativity when a threat is perceived, or discomfort arises, or connecting with others isn’t possible. The mind is also programmed with other people’s beliefs, some of which interfere, obstruct, or are contrary to your authentic nature. You can interrupt negative habits by learning to mind your mind, which includes altering your brain physiology at will. Minding your mind enables you to handle adverse circumstances with minimum stress as well as being capable to access inner peace, contentment, and enjoy connecting intimately with people.
• Learn what is the mind and how to use it.
• Interrupt negative patterns and engage in intelligent practical actions.
• Discover what drives the negative habits of judging, complaining, and worrying.
• Learn to notice and interrupt obsessing thinking.
• Focus on creative solutions to real challenges, and stop worrying about what is not real.
• Know the importance of Love in minding your mind.
• Understand how your identity is either closing your mind or expanding your awareness to all possibilities.
London, UK: January 27-29, 2017 Oslo, Norway: February 10-12
Description: How do you really feel about yourself? Are you doubtful? Insecure? Do you procrastinate? How powerful are you? Your self-identity determines how you focus your attention, which determines how powerful or powerless you are. When your attention is scattered due to conflicting beliefs, and negative self-images, you loose your power including your capacity to respond appropriately to circumstances. The skill of making conscious choices focuses your attention in present time, which the doorway to your personal power.
• What is personal power and how to access it when it matters.
• Understand the connection between fearful states and powerlessness.
• Does your self-identity gathers or scatters your power?
• Recognize unconscious dis-empowering choices.
• Get grounded: release excessive thoughts and be present in your body.
• Practice the skill of conscious choice: observe-choose-act.
• Manage your thoughts, feelings and emotions constructively.
• Experience how being present makes you powerful and being absent makes you powerless.
• Move your attention out of mental reactivity and focus on efficient actions.
Description: The shadow is the side of your Ego that unconsciously acts out with strong negative emotions. This side of you seeks expression by sabotaging your goals in an attempt to resolve the pain from your past. The daily effort to control the shadow consumes your vitality and maintains inner conflicts. Acting out your shadow impulses makes a mess out of your life through all kinds of addictions and power struggles with authority figures, and intimate relationships.
• What is your shadow seeking to resolve?
• What are the unfulfilled core needs your shadow is acting out?
• Identify the qualities that will help you heal and mature.
• Learn the steps to the process of integrating and healing your shadow
Description: Mother’s love imprints you with the experience of safety. Her love symbolizes the feminine qualities of nurturing attention, care, kindness, tenderness, and the sense of belonging and closeness. These qualities of being cared for determine your sense of feeling safe in intimate relationships, or not. Safety is your ego’s core priority and drives its thinking style and behavior. The shadow aspect of the mother’s love is the devouring, overpowering, manipulating, rejecting, and controlling mother.
Despite her best efforts a mother cannot give to her children what she cannot be for herself. What a mother lacks she unconsciously tries to get from her child, or unconsciously compensates by over giving it to her child.
Explore your mother’s legacy to you.
• Learn the process of healing your relationship to your mother.
• Explore and find resolutions to issues of belonging, safety and intimacy.
• Ground the feminine aspects of love: nurturing attention, forgiveness, compassion, sexual passion, and spiritual devotion.
• Learn healthy ways to be intimate.
• Learn the importance of boundaries, and practice making clear boundaries.
• Learn how to be dynamic in expressing your masculine and feminine polarities in communication, thru sexuality, and during negotiating with others.
Description: Father’s love imprints you with a sense of inherent value, self-worth and self-confidence that prepares you to function in the world. It symbolizes masculine tough love, expressed as authority with commanding obedience. Father’s love offers protection, it models how to provide what is needed, it guides and leads, and it models discipline, responsibility and work ethic. The shadow of the father is expressed as tyranny, lack of will, cowardice, and abandoning responsibilities.
Explore your father’s legacy to you.
• Explore, forgive, and heal your relationship to your father.
• Clarify your issues of self-worth, self-confidence and your relationship to authority.
• Explore your sense of autonomy, self-reliance, discipline and excellence.
• Confront and heal your issues of trust, taking risks, and acting cowardly, or tyrannically, lack of discipline and procrastination.
• Learn how to be dynamic in expressing your masculine and feminine polarities.
Description: Who have you become? This question points to the character you have developed up to now. Are you a victim of circumstances, or do you emerge victorious when facing challenges? Do you act like a child wanting to be taken care off, or are you consistently responsible? Do you sabotage your intentions, or follow through until completion? Do you prostitute yourself, or are you compelled to act with self-respect, honor and integrity?
The victim, the child, the saboteur, and the prostitute are survival archetypes implanted in the collective subconscious of humanity. Archetypes influence the sense of inner authority in individuals, families and cultures at large. They have a positive “virtue” that emerges as you mature, and a shadow “passion” that competes with other shadow archetypes to have control of you. Passions prevent you from maturing and maintain inner conflicts while virtues evolve and actualize your potential.
Explore how the shadows and virtues in the four basic archetypes are operating in you. Own the kind of character you currently have.
Uncover the life lesson hidden in the shadow of your archetypes. Learn to see your negative patterns symbolically.
Learn and practice how to assume the power inherited in the virtues of your archetypes.
Recognize, trust and obey your conscience.
Engage in awareness practices that develop your virtues.
Learn to have an inner attitude of loving kindness, humility, and humor when facing challenges.
Description: How well do you know your Soul? Do you know the value of Soul awareness for mental, emotional and physical Well Being? For instance to be able to remain grounded in your body, access your common sense, and make conscious choices when difficulties arise.
The experience of you as a personality is radically different from the experience of you as Soul. This retreat is designed to facilitate awareness of your Soul`s dynamic Self-expression by contrasting it with your personality and its habitual patterns of limited thinking, emotional reactions, and resistance to direct felt experience.
Each day will include a morning yoga session, a progressive series of meditation and body sensing exercises, lectures regarding Soul awareness followed by individual and group practice, dance, movement, and stillness sessions.
This retreat teaches you these valuable skills for Self Awareness:
How to expand your identity from a personality to the presence of your Soul: explore your personal identity: what story are you living? What characters in your story are you playing?
Discover your defense mechanisms and learn to disengage them.
Practice grounding techniques that facilitate increased awareness and choice.
Learn how to transform negative emotional states into expansive states of Being.
Mind your mind: learn to observe and command your attention out of negativity.
Practice clear communication: listening and sensing without opinions.
Practice being defenseless and connected.
Learn how to be present, engaged, and relaxed during a conflict or a confrontation.
Integration: What does it mean for you to live a Soulful life?
Description: Romantic relationships become a living entity that has its own distinct and independent existence. It grows, matures and develops through stages. Like all living creatures, existence demands development therefore relationships require nurturing attention, care and vitality in order to thrive.
The Soulful space that contains intimate relationships requires consistent purification from negative thoughts and their corresponding emotional reactions. Negative thoughts are like weeds in a garden, if you don’t remove them they take over the garden. Emotional reactivity in relationships is driven by unfulfilled core emotional needs. This immature behavior consumes the vitality that would otherwise be used for nurturing and enjoying intimacy.
Explore your parent’s legacy to you regarding intimacy, communication, and handling money.
Recognize the negative patterns that you bring to your relationships.
Learn practical successful strategies to fulfill your core needs.
Recognize and transform how you sabotage yourself and your relationship.
Choose a set of relationship values to guide you in handling challenges with intimacy and with the core needs in each of you.